Re: Problem with insert related to different schemas - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with insert related to different schemas
Date
List pgsql-sql
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado
> <gaguilar@aguilardelgado.com> wrote:
>> Maybe but I ran even grant all on schema public for this user to check
>> if this was the problem.

> That doesn't do what you think it does.  You need to grant on the actual object.

The error he was getting was about permissions for the schema, though.

One thought: if you're running any moderately recent version of PG,
the FK check query will be run as though by the owner of the table,
not whoever issued the INSERT.  Maybe that user doesn't have the right
permissions?
        regards, tom lane