Re: BUG #5269: postgres backend terminates with SIGSEGV - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5269: postgres backend terminates with SIGSEGV
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Justin Pitts <jpitts@bplglobal.net> writes:
> On Jan 14, 2010, at 10:16 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The 100 temp table creations probably will do that just fine.

> Is there a way to verify this?

You could add an elog(LOG, "message") into ResetPlanCache so you could
tell when it had been called.

> I don't follow. Are you suggesting I begin another transaction on connection 1 with a read, and that
> would provoke the crash?

Yes.  The rollback only sets the stage for the next transaction to try
to use a snapshot that isn't there anymore.

            regards, tom lane