Re: Problem with dump/restore and inheritance - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with dump/restore and inheritance
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Chris Dunlop <chris@onthe.net.au> writes:
> One way or the other, I think either allowing the inherited
> constraints to be dropped, or the inability of pg_dump to
> correctly dump the resulting schema, should be considered a bug
> rather than a lacking feature, as the current situation results
> in problematical restores.  Is there a "known bugs" list?

I agree that allowing inherited constraints to be dropped is a bug.
We don't really have a "known bugs" list other than the TODO list,
which presently includes

    o %Disallow dropping of an inherited constraint
    o %Prevent child tables from altering or dropping constraints
          like CHECK that were inherited from the parent table

(Which looks a bit redundant to me, but that's what Bruce has listed.)

            regards, tom lane