Re: lo_create(oid, bytea) breaks every extant release of libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: lo_create(oid, bytea) breaks every extant release of libpq
Date
Re: lo_create(oid, bytea) breaks every extant release of libpq  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
>> lo_new() or lo_make()?  An earlier draft of the patch that added
>> lo_create(oid, bytea) had a similar function named make_lo().

It appears that lo_make() has a small plurality, but before we lock
that name in, there was one other idea that occurred to me: the
underlying C function is currently named lo_create_bytea(), and
that seems like not an awful choice for the SQL name either.

Any other votes out there?