Re: jsonpath - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: jsonpath
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/28/19 5:38 AM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 5:55 AM Andrew Dunstan
> <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>> Annoying, but it's probably not worth expending more effort on
>>> right now.  I wonder whether that buildfarm animal can be upgraded
>>> to capture core dump stack traces --- if so, then if it happens
>>> again we'd have more info.
>> I was able to get this stack trace.
> Thank you very much!  It appears to be hard to investigate this even
> with backtrace.  You told you can almost reliably reproduce this.
> Could you please, find exact commit caused this error using "git
> bisect"?  I would very appreciate this.

I'll try. It's time consuming given how long builds take.

Here's an interesting data point. If I run the whole jsonpath.sql script
it crashes every time. If I run just the offending statement it crashes
exactly every other time. It looks like in that case something gets
clobbered and then cleared.

cheers

andrew