Re: BUG #16570: Collation not working - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Verite
Subject Re: BUG #16570: Collation not working
Date
Re: BUG #16570: Collation not working  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
    PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> The collation to order digits after latin characters from the official
> documentation https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/collation.html
>
> CREATE COLLATION digitslast (provider = icu, locale =
> 'en-u-kr-latn-digit');

The doc has this caveat:
"The examples using the k* subtags require at least ICU version 54."

Since you're using ICU 53,  the syntax mentioned above for the locale
argument doesn't work. It doesn't error out, it's just being ignored.

You want to use exclusively the "old" syntax with option=value
instead of tags, for instance:
   locale = 'en@colReorder=latn-digit',
or build with a newer ICU version.

Unfortunately the EDB builds for Windows (maybe for linux
too I didn't check) ship with ICU 53, although this version
is 6 years old.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité