Re: valgrind issues on Fedora 28 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: valgrind issues on Fedora 28
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/6/18 6:51 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> On 2018-Nov-06, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've recently updated to Fedora 28, and in that environment I get
>>> quite a
>>> few new valgrind issues (see the attached log).
>>
>> Hmm, related to
>> https://postgr.es/m/20180220150838.GD18315@e733.localdomain ?
>> Apparently the right answer is to add local suppressions ...
>>

> Yep, seems like that. I'll check if the patch proposed by Aleksander
> resolves all the issues reported by valgrind.

OK, I propose we add suppressions per the attached patch.

The rules are clearly incomplete, due to dependence on optimization
used. For example now the stack includes __wcsnlen_avx2, but I see it
was __wcsnlen_sse4_1 in Aleksander's report in February.

Not sure what to do about this - maybe we should wildcard this first
frame, to accept all wcsnlen variants. Opinions?

regards

Attachment