Re: [HACKERS] postgres_fdw bug in 9.6 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: [HACKERS] postgres_fdw bug in 9.6
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2017/03/17 0:37, David Steele wrote:
> This patch does not apply cleanly at cccbdde:

> Marked "Waiting on Author".

Ok, I'll update the patch.  One thing I'd like to revise in addition to
that is (1) add to JoinPathExtraData a flag member to indicate whether
to give the FDW a chance to consider a remote join, which will be set to
true if the joinrel's fdwroutine is not NULL and the fdwroutine's
GetForeignJoinPaths is not NULL, and (2) if the flag is true, save info
to create an alternative local join path, such as hashclauses and
mergeclauses proposed in the patch, into JoinPathExtraData in
add_paths_to_joinrel.  This would avoid useless overhead in saving such
info into JoinPathExtraData when we don't give the FDW that chance.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita