Re: Zedstore - compressed in-core columnar storage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jacob Champion
Subject Re: Zedstore - compressed in-core columnar storage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Nov 13, 2020, at 2:00 PM, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Fedora 32, nothing special. I'm not sure if I ran the tests with pglz or
> lz4, maybe there's some dependence on that, but it does fail for me
> quite reliably with this:
>
> ./configure --enable-debug  --enable-cassert --enable-tap-tests
> --with-lz4 && make -s clean && make -s -j4 && make check-world

I'm not sure what I messed up the first time, but I am able to reproduce
reliably now, with and without lz4. It looks like we have a workaround
in place that significantly increases the number of simultaneous locks
acquired during indexing:

    #define XLR_MAX_BLOCK_ID            199

So that's in need of resolution. I'd expect gin and gist to be pretty
flaky until we fix that.

--Jacob