Re: Out of memory errors with mod_perl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Out of memory errors with mod_perl
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve Heaven <steve@thornet.co.uk> writes:
> If we try to run a perl script which accesses a Postgres dB using mod_perl
> with Apache we get:
> "child pid 25144 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
> Out of memory!"

I am mighty ignorant about Apache, but I'll venture a bet that the "Out
of memory!" message is a red herring.  It could easily be coming from
some clueless bit of code that prints that in response to *any* failure.

The thing that looks real to me is the report that a child process died
with a SEGV signal.  You should go look for the resulting corefile and
see if you can get a backtrace from it.  For that matter, do you even
know what program the child process was running?

            regards, tom lane