Re: Another regexp performance improvement: skip useless paren-captures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Another regexp performance improvement: skip useless paren-captures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Well, I consider myself a pretty fair perl programmer, and I know
> there's a way to do that, but I never do it, and I would have had to
> look up the exact syntax. So +1 from me for anything automatic that
> avoids paying the overhead in some cases.

That's my feeling about it too --- I never really think of this
point when writing a regexp.  It seems like something the engine
ought to handle gracefully, so this patch is an attempt to do so.