Re: Raising the SCRAM iteration count - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Raising the SCRAM iteration count
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 8 Mar 2023, at 08:48, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 02:03:05PM +0100, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 7 Mar 2023, at 09:26, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>>> Right, what I meant was: can a pg_regress sql/expected test drive a psql
>>> interactive prompt?  Your comments suggested using password.sql so I was
>>> curious if I was missing a neat trick for doing this.
>
> Yes, I meant to rely just on password.sql to do that.  I think that I
> see your point now..  You are worried that the SET command changing a
> GUC to-be-reported would not affect the client before \password is
> done.

No, I just did not think it was possible to feed input to the interactive
\password prompt with a normal pg_regress SQL file test.  If you are able to do
that I'd love to see an example.

AFAIK a TAP test with psql_interactive is the only way to do this so that's
what I've implemented.

--
Daniel Gustafsson