Re: pgsql: Add PF_PRINTF_ATTRIBUTE to on_exit_msg_fmt. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add PF_PRINTF_ATTRIBUTE to on_exit_msg_fmt.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
> On 25.03.2013 15:36, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Heikki Linnakangas<heikki.linnakangas@iki.fi>  writes:
>>> Add PF_PRINTF_ATTRIBUTE to on_exit_msg_fmt.
>>> Per warning from -Wmissing-format-attribute.

>> Hm, this is exactly what I removed yesterday, because it makes the build
>> fail outright on old gcc:

> The attached seems to work. With this patch, on_exit_msg_func() is gone.
> There's a different implementation of exit_horribly for pg_dumpall and
> pg_dump/restore. In pg_dumpall, it just calls vwrite_msg(). In
> pg_dump/restore's version, the logic from parallel_exit_msg_func() is
> moved directly to exit_horribly().

Seems probably reasonable, though if we're taking exit_horribly out of
dumputils.c, meseems it ought not be declared in dumputils.h anymore.
Can we put that declaration someplace else, rather than commenting it
with an apology?

            regards, tom lane