Re: Restart after poweroutage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Restart after poweroutage
Date
List pgsql-general
Jon Lapham <lapham@jandr.org> writes:
> To stress test, I turned off the power while actively processing db
> operations, such as: loading data into a database, create a new
> database, delete contents of a large table within a transaction.
> Anyway, in every case I could not reproduce the issue, postgresql came
> back flawlessly. I am willing to run any power outage simulation tests
> people may have.

It seems unlikely to me that this issue has anything to do with what
the database was doing at the time of the system crash.  More likely
the critical variable is some other software on your system.  What
other shared memory segments besides Postgres' exist when your system
is operating normally?

            regards, tom lane