Re: xpath insert unexpected newlines - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: xpath insert unexpected newlines
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> [ redirecting to pgsql-bugs ]
> "Voillequin, Jean-Marc" <Jean-Marc.Voillequin@moodys.com> writes:
>> It seems that xpath function add unexpected newlines in the xml elements it returns as array:

> I tried this:
> -           bytes = xmlNodeDump(buf, NULL, cur_copy, 0, 1);
> +           bytes = xmlNodeDump(buf, NULL, cur_copy, 0, 0);
> and that makes the discrepancy go away (both results are printed without
> any added whitespace).

> Thoughts?

[ crickets ]

Hearing nothing, I propose to change this in HEAD but not back-patch.
It still seems like a bug, but given the lack of previous complaints,
I'm not sure we'd get plaudits for changing this behavior in back
branches.

            regards, tom lane