Re: [Fwd: DBD::Pg on HP-UX 11.31 64bit] - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [Fwd: DBD::Pg on HP-UX 11.31 64bit]
Date
Re: [Fwd: DBD::Pg on HP-UX 11.31 64bit]  ("H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand@xs4all.nl>)
Re: [Fwd: DBD::Pg on HP-UX 11.31 64bit]  ("H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand@xs4all.nl>)
List pgsql-bugs
"H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand@xs4all.nl> writes:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:31:21 -0500, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> So what I'm thinking is happening is that libpq expects size_t as
>> the argument type, but it's getting linked against a libc that
>> expects int as the argument type, and whatever HP is doing under
>> the hood fails to cope with that case.  You might try removing
>> -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED from the template file --- I don't know if
>> that will have any bad side-effects, but it's worth a try to build
>> libpq that way.

> I'll try that first after cleaning up my environment.

I looked in the git history and found that I added
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED in a patch that made getaddrinfo work
correctly:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=1da6eb7fdaa79a93972c290174bd7136672a894f
So taking it out may indeed have unpleasant side-effects.

            regards, tom lane