Re: why can the isolation tester handle only one waiting process? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: why can the isolation tester handle only one waiting process?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> After some study, I think the best thing to do here is change the way
> we handle the case where we reach a step that the use of a connection
> that is currently blocked on a lock.  Right now, we handle that by
> declaring the permutation invalid; I'd like to change that so that
> consider that a cue to wait for that connnection to unblock itself.

Maybe a timeout there would be a good idea?  I see that the code
currently will wait forever in some cases, which seems bad enough,
but it seems like you want to increase the risk of that considerably.