Re: AWS forcing PG upgrade from v9.6 a disaster - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: AWS forcing PG upgrade from v9.6 a disaster
Date
List pgsql-performance

> On May 30, 2021, at 20:07, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) <postgresql@mailpen.com> wrote:
> The first two JOINs are not the problem, & are in fact retained in my solution.  The problem is the third JOIN, where
"fips_county"from "County" is actually matched with the corresponding field from the "zip_code" VIEW.  Works fine, if
youdon't mind the performance impact in v10 & above.  It has now been rewritten, to be a sub-query for an output field.
Voila !  Back to sub-second query times.

If, rather than a subquery, you explicitly called out the join criteria with ON, did it have the same performance
benefit?