Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> Note that what Tom is proposing is actually yanking *all* PLs from the
> core source tree, but having them all within the core CVS ... I believe
> his "motivation" is that he only has one CVSROOT to set to get at all the
> files, but that they are seperate from the core distribution itself ...

plpgsql should probably stay where it is, since it has no special
outside dependencies, but the other three could be separated out.

> Basically, each has to be buildable/distributable standalone, but easily
> accessible for making changes if/when APIs change ...

I want them all in the same CVS basically to avoid any version skew
issues.  They should always have the same branches and the same tags
as the core, for instance; and it seems hard to keep separate
repositories in sync that closely.

But packaging them as separately buildable tarballs that depend only
on the installed core fileset (headers + pgxs) seems a fine idea.