Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Dave Cramer wrote:

> pl-j and pl/java are working together to create a shared interface so
> that they can co-exist. This is the part that we wish to have added to
> the main source tree. It will just be the C portion of the code that
> does rely on the backend.

Note that what Tom is proposing is actually yanking *all* PLs from the
core source tree, but having them all within the core CVS ... I believe
his "motivation" is that he only has one CVSROOT to set to get at all the
files, but that they are seperate from the core distribution itself ...

Basically, each has to be buildable/distributable standalone, but easily
accessible for making changes if/when APIs change ...

Tom, am I understanding correctly?

----