do postgresql this job for me ? (firebird user) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mnavahan
Subject do postgresql this job for me ? (firebird user)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

 i am firebird user But now have some problem with it and chk postgresql to
migrate to it ...

1.have postgresql support online change of tables ?
 for example i have over 400 table in db with many relation :
  A: if i dont any user connect to table RR (but many user connect to other
tables) can in online Db i change   table RR ?
  B: if table A have FK to B can edit table  B for example Add field ?

have any documented information for change table when online
(book,note,.....) of up ?

2. postgresql do any index corruption when memory low or same problem ?

3. postgresql support recursive call in stored procedure and in depth
recursive have good performance?

4.have any way port firebird stored procedure to postgresql ?

5.postgresql support Sql in stored procedure via sting (i have one string
contain sql can execute it and get result ?)

6.how performance of temp table (is in memory and then ultra fast ?)

many thanx ...