Re: pg_dump behaviour changed in 7.1.3? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump behaviour changed in 7.1.3?
Date
List pgsql-general
I wrote:
> Christian =?iso-8859-1?Q?Schr=F6der?= <cs@theta-soft.de> writes:
>> I've encountered a problem during use of pg_dump: The database contains
>> several tables and some referential integrities between them, i.e. some
>> triggers. We use a pg_dump to backup the database to a file. Now I
>> noticed that the dump doesn't contain the triggers!

> [ thinks ... ]  Are these triggers on plain tables, or views?

Er, scratch that: views don't have triggers.  Not usefully, anyway.

Still, I can't see any change between 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 that would affect
dumping of triggers.  We did rejigger dumping of views, which is what
led to my question.  I don't really believe it's a permissions issue
as you seem to think --- a permission violation would lead to an
outright error.  I think you're going to have to delve into it yourself
and try to figure out why pg_dump isn't seeing those triggers.

            regards, tom lane