Re: tuple descriptors? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tuple descriptors?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Nate Sommer" <sommena@earlham.edu> writes:
> I'm a student taking a database systems course, and as a project option I
> chose to work on one of PostgreSQL's todo list items, namely "auto-delete
> large objects when referencing row is deleted."  The main point of the
> project is to become more comfortable tackling large amounts of code.

BTW, I went to a pretty outstanding tutorial on just that topic this
past summer at OSCON: Glenn Vanderburg on "Using the Source: Software
Archaeology for Users of Open Source Software"
(http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2002/view/e_sess/2869)
which could be described in two seconds as "don't be afraid to get
your hands dirty", and in full length as how to be effective while
doing so.

The pikers at O'Reilly seem not to have made Glenn's slides available
on-line (isn't this a direct violation of their speakers' agreement?
Mine are there...) but I'm sure Glenn would be pleased to send 'em to
you on request.