Re: psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol:
Date
List pgsql-general
Reece Hart <reece@in-machina.com> writes:
> On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 16:13, Phil Campaigne wrote:
>> psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl

> I vaguely remember seeing a similar message when I inadvertently
> mismatched versions of psql and libpq. I think that the problem was psql
> resolving to the wrong libpq, but this is an old memory.

This undoubtedly indicates that you have an SSL-enabled psql that is
trying to use a non-SSL-enabled libpq.so.  So (a) you were not
consistent about your configure options between 7.3.2 and 7.3.4
--- you might want to look and see if there were any other unintentional
changes; and (b) your ldconfig or LD_LIBRARY_PATH setup is finding the
"wrong" version of libpq.so.  Reece's suggestion to use ldd will help
you figure out what's up with (b).

            regards, tom lane