Re: failed to execute the psql case statement which has the function call. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: failed to execute the psql case statement which has the function call.
Date
List pgsql-admin
> But the error fragment shown suggests that the query shouldn't be expecting
> a column name (contrary to my earlier point), so we are back to having to
> see the entire function definition (or a reproducible example) to provide
> an answer.  Spelling typo comes to mind.

I'm wondering if there's an actual function involved at all.
Maybe the OP is just writing this in a psql script and wanting
to substitute a psql variable.  In that case something like
:'variable' might be the solution.

Bottom line is the same though: we need to see a lot more context
than we've been shown.

            regards, tom lane