Re: pg_dump additional options for performance - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump additional options for performance
Date
List pgsql-patches
>>> Another issue is that the rules for deciding which objects are "before
>>> data" and which are "after data" are wrong.  In particular ACLs are after
>>> data not before data, which is relatively easy to fix.
>>
>> OK

> This was partially why I was complaining about having documentation, and
> a policy for that matter, which goes into more detail about why X is before
> or after the data.  I agree that they're after today, but I don't see
> any particular reason why they should be one or the other.

If a table's ACL revokes owner insert privilege, and was placed before
the data load steps, those steps would fail.  We are relying on the
default table privileges until we are done doing everything we need to
do to the tables (and perhaps other objects, I'm not sure if there are
any other comparable problems).

            regards, tom lane