Re: Replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Replication
Date
List pgsql-general
"Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> From: Tatsuo Ishii [mailto:t-ishii@sra.co.jp]
>> I thought there are some issues of log based replication (I don't
>> remeber details though). Have they been resolved recently?

> Yes, currently log-file based replication is not recommended when the
> transaction rate is either low or extremely variable.

The point being not that it doesn't work, but that it can take a long
time (or an unpredictable amount of time) for transactions to propagate
to the slave machine.  You can kluge up a solution for this, ie, write a
cron job to copy the latest WAL segment file across to the slave once
a minute (or whatever your requirement for propagation delay is).  But
we haven't gotten a standard solution into the code itself yet.

            regards, tom lane