Re: date out of range for timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: date out of range for timestamp
Date
List pgsql-admin
[ please keep the list cc'd ]

David Rericha <d.rericha@healthcareoss.com> writes:
> I am truly typing the date as a literal.  It turned out that I did have
> a date of year 2010000, which would have been out of range, but I
> changed it.  But I still get the error.

Hmm.  Try re-running ANALYZE on the table.  I'm thinking that maybe
(a) the way-out-of-line date is still in the statistical histogram, and
(b) the planner is using date-to-timestamp coercion while trying to
estimate the selectivity of the <= condition.

            regards, tom lane