Re: Low performance on Windows problem - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Low performance on Windows problem
Date
List pgsql-performance
Dalibor Sramek <dali@insula.cz> writes:
> select * from t_umlpattern limit 2
> takes 1500+ msec on the Windows machine and 60 on a comparable Linux
> machine. Both selects performed from remote PgAdmin.
> The same select performed localy on the windows machine takes 60 msec.

So it's a networking issue.  I haven't paid real close attention to
Windows problems, but I recall that we've heard a couple of reports
of Windows performance problems that were resolved by removing various
third-party network filters and/or installing Windows service pack
updates.  Check through the list archives ...

            regards, tom lane