Re: SIGTERM/FATAL error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SIGTERM/FATAL error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Also, what signal should people send to a backend to kill just that
> backend?

I don't know that we do or should recommend such a thing at all ...
but SIGTERM should work if anything does (and it is, not coincidentally,
the default kind of signal for kill(1)).

> In my reading of the code, I see:

>     pqsignal(SIGTERM, die);     /* cancel current query and exit */
>     pqsignal(SIGQUIT, die);     /* could reassign this sig for another use */

This is already obsolete ;=) ... I'm just waiting on Vadim's approval of
my xlog mods before committing a change in SIGQUIT handling --- see
discussion a couple days ago.