Re: pg_dump issue : Cannot drop a non-existent(?) trigger - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump issue : Cannot drop a non-existent(?) trigger
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> Odd, why is this not showing up as a foreign key constraint?  Has this
> database been upgraded (no matter through how many different upgrades)
> from an old version (7.1 or earlier I think)?

And the other odd thing is that it fails to dump it as a trigger either.
The "invalid argument string" complaint indicates that pg_dump didn't
find the right number of "\000" sequences in the tgargs value; but
pg_get_triggerdef evidently is finding the right number of zero bytes.
It almost looks like the tgargs value got coerced from bytea to text
somewhere between the catalogs and pg_dump, but how'd that happen?

It'd be good to look at the trigger row directly:select * from pg_trigger where tgname = 'RI_ConstraintTrigger_39053';