Re: [Fwd: DBD::Pg on HP-UX 11.31 64bit] - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [Fwd: DBD::Pg on HP-UX 11.31 64bit]
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> "H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand@xs4all.nl> writes:
>> the includes tell me
>> src/include/pg_config.h:#define ACCEPT_TYPE_ARG3 size_t

> Hmm, that suggests that configure was already seeing the socklen_t
> variant ...

Actually, the reason that happens is probably that src/template/hpux
forcibly adds -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED to CPPFLAGS.  At least on my
old HPUX box, that's sufficient to select the more modern prototype
for accept and getsockopt; probably the same on yours.

So what I'm thinking is happening is that libpq expects size_t as
the argument type, but it's getting linked against a libc that
expects int as the argument type, and whatever HP is doing under
the hood fails to cope with that case.  You might try removing
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED from the template file --- I don't know if
that will have any bad side-effects, but it's worth a try to build
libpq that way.

            regards, tom lane