Re: Problem with createdb - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with createdb
Date
List pgsql-novice
Durgaprasad Pawar <durgaprasad.pawar@yahoo.co.in> writes:
> bin # ./createdb -U dpgres -p 9999 -h 127.0.0.1 -q mydb
> createdb: could not connect to database postgres: could not
> connect to server: No route to host

"No route to host" for 127.0.0.1 ???

There's something seriously hosed about your networking configuration.
This isn't a Postgres-specific problem --- no doubt you'll find that any
TCP-based connection fails similarly, eg telnet.  Since you didn't
mention what platform this is, there's not much help we can give, but
in any case you should find an OS-specific help list for it.

            regards, tom lane