Re: Curiosity with catalog table array attribute index dimensions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Curiosity with catalog table array attribute index dimensions
Date
List pgsql-general
Erik Jones <erik@myemma.com> writes:
> So, I noticed today that pg_index.indkey index values start at 0
> instead of 1 as I'd expected.  Are there other cases of this?
> Shouldn't that be documented somewhere?

Well, the CREATE TYPE manual page has

    For historical reasons (i.e., this is clearly wrong but it's far too
    late to change it), subscripting of fixed-length array types starts from
    zero, rather than from one as for variable-length arrays.

oidvector and int2vector aren't fixed-length anymore, but they maintain
their old behavior in this respect for backward compatibility.

            regards, tom lane