Re: How can I run installcheck using powershell ? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How can I run installcheck using powershell ?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> writes:
> Here is the complete link error

>        link.exe @C:\Users\DAVECR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nm45D.tmp
>    Creating library .\_Unicode_Release\psqlodbc35w.lib and object
> .\_Unicode_Release\psqlodbc35w.exp
> odbccp32.lib(dllload.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> __vsnwprintf_s referenced in function _StringCchPrintfW
> .\_Unicode_Release\psqlodbc35w.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
> externals
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 14.0\VC\BIN\link.exe"' : return code '0x460'

Googling for __vsnwprintf_s indicates that it was turned into an inline
function in VS2015:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1134693/vs-2015-ctp-5-c-vsnwprintf-s-and-other-functions-are-not-exported-in-appcrt140-dll-breaking-linkage-of-static-libraries

They seem to be asserting that you wouldn't be seeing this problem if
all program components were built with the same VS version.

            regards, tom lane