Re: Error on PQputline() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error on PQputline()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Dann Corbit" <DCorbit@connx.com> writes:
>> You're running libpq with the nonblocking mode selected?

> Actually no.  It should be the default mode for a connection made by
> PQconnectdb().  That's what made the error so puzzling.

I'm confused too.  For starters, I cannot find that error message
string about 'A non-blocking socket operation could not be completed
immediately' anywhere.  Got any idea what's producing that?  Exactly
which version of libpq are you using, anyway?

> "Would it be faster to write a file to disk and read it again on the
> local host for the server or to send the calls via libpq client
> messages?"

Good question.  I'd recommend the messaging approach since it eliminates
lots of headaches about file access privileges and so forth.  But on
some platforms the overhead could be high.