Re: Uber moving towards MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: Uber moving towards MySQL
Date
Re: Uber moving towards MySQL
Re: Uber moving towards MySQL
List pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

https://ayende.com/blog/175137/re-why-uber-engineering-switched-from-postgres-to-mysql

This is getting serious; two popularized articles on hacker news now slamming postgres.

I've read and caught up on our mailthread regarding the technical issues.

Although no way near as knowledgeable as many of you regarding the inner workings of MySQL, let alone postgres, I do
howeverrecognize navel gazing when I see it. The first article starting this thread was a convoluted justification of
one'sown religion. This second article is pure commercial leveraging of a thread that's garnered a lot of attention.

It's time a response from the postgres community was forthcoming.

--
Robert Bernier
   robert7390@comcast.net