Re: Foreign Key for PHP serialized data - possible? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Foreign Key for PHP serialized data - possible?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Oct 8, 2007, at 8:33 , Dave wrote:

> I guess, I can always
> set up views with joins, but could not come up with a good way to
> query this
> in a one returned row, e.g.:
> ID | Name  |  colors              | fav_col | kind
> | fav_kind       |  etc.
> 11 | Apples | red, green, etc. | red       | Granny smith, Golden
> delicious.. | Granny smith | etc.

You can either do it in your middleware or use array_accum.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/xaggr.html

The archives have examples of doing things like this.

Note that *this* is the problem you're trying to solve, not the
serialization issue you're having above. I recommend changing your
schema.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net