Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> writes:
> A patch for your issue is currently registered in the 2019-03 commitfest[1].

Oh!  I apologize for saying nobody was working on this issue.

Taking a very quick look at your patch, though, I dunno --- it seems like
it adds a boatload of new assumptions about libxml's data structures and
error-reporting behavior.  I'm sure it works for you, but will it work
across a wide range of libxml versions?

What do you think of the idea I just posted about parsing off the DOCTYPE
thing for ourselves, and not letting libxml see it?