Re: [BUGS] Can't restore view with pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] Can't restore view with pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Florian Gossin <fluancefg@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm doing a dump in directory format of database with several schemas using
> pg_dump and when I try to restore it using pg_restore, I get the following
> error:

> ERROR:  could not convert table "bmv_visits_list" to a view because it has
> triggers
> STATEMENT:  CREATE RULE "_RETURN" AS
> ON SELECT TO bmv_visits_list DO INSTEAD  SELECT patient.firstname,

Hm, seems like pg_dump is trying to dump the various bits of the view
in the wrong order.  But since we haven't seen reports of this before,
there must be something odd about your schema to trigger it.  Can you do
a plain "pg_dump -s" and show us the parts relating to this view and its
underlying tables?