Re: Increase stored proc. parameters max count - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Increase stored proc. parameters max count
Date
List pgsql-general
<lnd@hnit.is> writes:
> Is there any bad side effect in recompiling PG with increased stored
> procedures maximum parameters count, for example, to 128?

It'll be slower and the pg_proc table will get much larger (as will its
indexes).  But you could do it.

In practice, I should think that procedures with more than a couple
dozen parameters are too unwieldy to be useful anyway --- how would you
ever get that many parameters listed correctly?  You should think about
redesigning your data representation; perhaps arrays or composite types
would work better.

            regards, tom lane