Re: Large Objects - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Large Objects
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Daniel Fisher <dfisher@vt.edu> writes:
> I'm having some trouble inserting a large object into the database.
> I'm fairly certain that the problem is in my java code because I wrote some quick PHP code and it worked fine.
> The main problem is I'm not getting any errors, so I'm kinda stumped.
> The code appears to run fine, but nothing is being inserted into the database.

The query trace shows that you are starting a transaction (with BEGIN)
and never committing it (no COMMIT or END).  So when you close the
connection, the transaction is rolled back, and its effects go away.

I suppose that having done "conn.setAutoCommit(false)", you need to add
a command to explicitly commit the transaction, but I don't know JDBC
well enough to know how you do that...

            regards, tom lane