Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
> Sorry, my suggestion wasn't meant to imply that I have any strong concerns
> about maintaining two README files.  If we can automate generating one or
> the other, that'd be great, but I don't see that as a prerequisite to
> adding a Markdown version.

Agreed, and I'd go so far as to say that adding automation now
would be investing work that might well go to waste.  When and
if we get annoyed by the manual labor involved in maintaining
two copies, it'd be time to put work into automating it.