Re: Unexpected query results - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unexpected query results
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Miguel A. Juan" <mjuan@cibal.es> writes:
>  SELECT * FROM diagnostics where codigo LIKE '103.%';

>  the string in the like statment could be any code, including any character
> in [ 'A' - 'Z', '.' , '0' - '9'].

>  With previous releases that returns all the records that 'codigo' begins
>  with '103.' but with release 7.03 this returns 0 rows. If I write  LIKE
>  '103%' it works again, but I must filter for codes with the dot.

I suspect a locale problem.  Do you have locale support compiled, and
if so what locale are you running the postmaster in?  Have you been
careful always to start the postmaster with the same locale settings?
(It's easy to blow this if you start the postmaster from a system boot
script, since the environment of such a script is often different from
the interactive environment where you probably started the postmaster
the first time.)

If you have an index on diagnostics(codigo), try dropping and rebuilding
the index.  If that makes the problem go away, then you've probably been
inconsistent about your locale setting.

            regards, tom lane