Re: nodes/*funcs.c inconsistencies - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: nodes/*funcs.c inconsistencies
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Noah,
>> A fresh audit found the attached problems new in 9.5[1].  Most are cosmetic
>> INT/UINT or field order corrections.  The non-cosmetic changes involve
>> CustomPath, CustomScan, and CreatePolicyStmt.  Feature committers, if the
>> existing treatments (ignore custom_plans/custom_paths fields; copy/compare
>> "cmd" string pointer as a scalar) were deliberate, please let me know.

> Thanks for the review.  The change you have is correct for
> CreatePolicyStmt, at least.  I imagine I confused it with polcmd, which
> is actually just a char.

> Barring objections, I'll change it to cmd_name after your commit, to
> reduce the chances of future confusion.

Both of you please keep in mind that these "cosmetic" changes are
initdb-forcing, at least if they affect node types that can appear
in stored rules.

That being the case, it would probably be a good idea to get them done
before alpha2, as there may not be a good opportunity afterwards.