Re: nodes/*funcs.c inconsistencies - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: nodes/*funcs.c inconsistencies
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Aug 02, 2015 at 11:31:16PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Noah,
> >> A fresh audit found the attached problems new in 9.5[1].  Most are cosmetic
> >> INT/UINT or field order corrections.  The non-cosmetic changes involve
> >> CustomPath, CustomScan, and CreatePolicyStmt.  Feature committers, if the
> >> existing treatments (ignore custom_plans/custom_paths fields; copy/compare
> >> "cmd" string pointer as a scalar) were deliberate, please let me know.
>
> > Thanks for the review.  The change you have is correct for
> > CreatePolicyStmt, at least.  I imagine I confused it with polcmd, which
> > is actually just a char.
>
> > Barring objections, I'll change it to cmd_name after your commit, to
> > reduce the chances of future confusion.

The existing identifier seems fine, but won't I mind that change, either.

> Both of you please keep in mind that these "cosmetic" changes are
> initdb-forcing, at least if they affect node types that can appear
> in stored rules.

Right; Stephen's does not force initdb, but some of what I posted does so.

> That being the case, it would probably be a good idea to get them done
> before alpha2, as there may not be a good opportunity afterwards.

Freedom to bump catversion after alpha2 will be barely-distinguishable from
freedom to do so now.  I have planned to leave my usual comment period of a
few days, though skipping that would be rather innocuous in this case.