Re: trigger compile problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: trigger compile problem
Date
List pgsql-general
>> I've always wondered why plpgsql is so nitpickingly insistent on finding
>> a semicolon after the last END.  Would anyone object if I made the
>> last semi optional?

> C requires the termination.  I assume our languages should too.

I don't think that analogy holds water at all, since plpgsql is not
C and doesn't emulate C's syntax very closely.  Even if you accept
the analogy, what we're discussing here is a semicolon after the end
of a function body, which C does not expect you to write --- so the
analogy favors omitting it, not requiring it.

            regards, tom lane