Re: BUG #1473: Backend bus error, possibly due to ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1473: Backend bus error, possibly due to ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Brian B." <brian-pgsql@bbdab.org> writes:
> You may be onto something, there. After doing some searching, I have
> found the FreeBSD thread stack size as a default of 64KB!

Ugh :-(.  That might be reasonable for a program that's actually using
multiple threads, but a program that is not thread-aware at all
shouldn't be forced into that model IMHO.

As of now we are seeing one similar failure in the PG build farm,
member osprey: http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl
It would seem that NetBSD 2.0 also has an unreasonably small default
stack size.  Can anyone check on what NetBSD is using?

            regards, tom lane