Re: test/modules/test_oat_hooks vs. debug_discard_caches=1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: test/modules/test_oat_hooks vs. debug_discard_caches=1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-11-18 15:55:34 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The test_oat_hooks test is failing --- it's not crashing, but
>> it's emitting more NOTICE lines than the expected output includes,
>> evidently as a result of the hooks getting invoked extra times
>> during cache reloads.  I can reproduce that here.

> Did you already look into where those additional namespace searches are coming
> from? There are case in which it is not unproblematic to have repeated
> namespace searches due to the potential for races it opens up...

I'm not sufficiently interested in that API to dig hard for details,
but in a first look it seemed like the extra reports were coming
from repeated executions of recomputeNamespacePath, which are
forced after a cache invalidation by NamespaceCallback.