Re: invalid type internal size -1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: invalid type internal size -1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
> create type email ( INPUT = email_in,
>                      OUTPUT = email_out,
>                      RECEIVE = email_recv,
>                      SEND = email_send,
>                      INTERNALLENGTH = VARIABLE,
>                      PASSEDBYVALUE = f,
>                      ALIGNMENT = int4 );

Oh, actually the problem is that PASSEDBYVALUE does not take an
argument, so you are declaring the thing as passed-by-value, which
is wrong.  Leave out the PASSEDBYVALUE line altogether.

The CREATE TYPE parser should probably be tightened so it complains
about the above.  I'll see what I can do about it.